Sunday, August 03, 2008

This is really embarrassing...

I know, I know...I've been AWOL for nearly a year...again. I so suck at this weight loss stuff. Part of it is my fault - hey, I'm not above admitting I'm a contributor to my weight issues. But truth be told, a lot of it has to do with my thyroid.

I spent much of the last year in a lethargic stupor. The one word I can use to describe myself over the last twelve months is exhausted. I would wake up in the morning thinking about going to bed at night. I was taking 2-hour naps three to four evenings a week. And much of this lethargy was due to my thyroid.

Not to mention my back issues...thankfully I found a sympathetic chiropractor who is working with me to get me on the road to movement.

I am finally back on my thyroid meds, and my back is starting to feel a bit better, so I am feeling renewed determination. Of course, part of it is just that I feel so...mahoosive.

So, here's the plan - Tosca Reno's Clean Eating program seems like a good one and I am going to give it a go. The whole gist of the program is that you eat food as close to its natural state as possible. In other words, minimally processed. Lots of good, healthy foods. I eat way too much processed stuff so this may initially be a shock to my system but once I start feeling better and seeing progress, it will get easier.

As for fitness, since I haven't been able to do much, I am going to start slowly. I have The FIRM's Power Yoga CD, so I am going to do that until I get some flexibility back and build up some core strength. Once I achieve that, I will start working out with my FIRM CD's again.

Hey, I'm 43...I'm not getting younger. I certainly don't feel, look - or act - my age, but I have been overweight to varying degrees most of my life and it is time to take control of my weight. I am in charge, but I don't want to be large anymore!

Well, it's 2 AM, I'm tired and it's past time for bed. Grocery shopping awaits me later today. I'm going to buy healthy food.

No comments: