Thursday, April 13, 2006

Better day

Today was better than yesterday but for some reason I'm having a really hard time sticking to a healthy eating plan. My mind is set but I find myself doing what I call "mindless eating," which is when you eat something without even realizing what you are eating. Then you have an "Oh crap! I didn't want to eat that!!!" moment.

But so far today:

Breakfast - Southwestern Egg Scramble (my own recipe!! - Egg Beaters to equal 2 eggs, low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, salsa); coffee

Lunch (yes, I actually ate lunch today) - A grilled cheese sandwich made with two slices whole grain bread, 1 tbsp margarine and two slices of low-fat American pasturized processed cheese food.

Dinner will be homemade pizza, made with pizza sauce, low-fat mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, onions and mushrooms. I will probably have a yogurt and some fruit (either grapes or an apple...or both) for a snack this evening while watching the Wings game.

No workout tonight - I twisted my ankle yesterday in the parking lot at work and while it's not swollen or bruised, it does hurt and I'm kind of limping. I'll see how it feels tomorrow and if it's still bugging me I'll do some upper body work.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Just remember- keep trying and trying and eventually you will succeed! It is very hard to loose weight, in the best of circumstances. Just try to be more aware of what you eat-which is not easy at times- and do some arm weights while you rest your ankle.As long as you keep getting back on the horse, eventually you will learn how to ride!